A Tennessee pastor on Sunday told his congregation that the number of mass shooting were escalating because of schools were government “mind-control centers” that taught “junk about evolution” and “how to be a homo.”He's so stupid! Never mind that the incident have nothing to do with evolution and "homos" and everything to do with a mentally unstable psychopath.
Old Paths Baptist Church Pastor Sam Morris began speaking about last week’s school massacre in Newtown, Connecticut by warning that “this sermon will not be pleasant.”It wasn't. In fact it was so slanderous that it was unbearable for anyone of right sound and mind to listen to this garbage called a "sermon".
“Why do you still send your kids to the governmental schools?” the pastor asked the congregation. “What’s behind this shooting that we saw on Dec. 14 in Newtown, Connecticut and the other one’s like it? What’s going on. Well, number one, deception… I got news for you, when you kicked God out of schools, you’re going to be judged for that.”And the blame game goes on and on and on. His stupid rants about evolution, humanism, homosexuality, and removing God from schools all have alleged to bring about such horrific calamity on those so-called governmental schools while presenting not one credible evidence that supports his idiot claims.
I knew that creationists and other Christian extremists would step in and rant, rant, rant about what they think caused all these disturbing school shootings that make people bawl their eyes out while ignoring the other shooting incidents that occur in churches, courthouses, shopping malls, mosques, synagogues, and other places where there is a lot of people around including small children. All shootings whether it occurred in elementary schools or in churches is done for reasons that do not involve evolution, gays, humanism, not praying or reading the Bible enough, or removing God and/or the ten commandments from schools and/or public places. It really boggles the mind when such incidents take place in places other than elementary schools and people pay little to no attention to them.
Here's the following lowdown of incidents of church shootings that have occurred over the years:
- August 5, 2012. Six Sikh temple members were killed when 40-year-old US Army veteran Wade Michael Page opened fire in a gurdwara in Oak Creek, Wisconsin. Four others were injured, and Page killed himself.
- April 2, 2012. A former student, 43-year-old One L. Goh killed 7 people at Oikos University, a Korean Christian college in Oakland, CA. The shooting was the sixth-deadliest school massacre in the US and the deadliest attack on a school since the 2007 Virginia Tech massacre.
- October 2, 2006. An Amish schoolhouse in Lancaster, PA was gunned down by 32-year-old Charles Carl Roberts, Roberts separated the boys from the girls, binding and shooting the girls. 5 young girls died, while 6 were injured. Roberts committed suicide afterward.
- March 12, 2005. A Living Church of God meeting was gunned down by 44-year-old church member Terry Michael Ratzmann at a Sheraton hotel in Brookfield, WI. Ratzmann was thought to have had religious motivations, and killed himself after executing the pastor, the pastor’s 16-year-old son, and 7 others. Four were wounded.
The list goes on and on and on. Some were religiously motivated, others were motivated by financial troubles, sick form of fun, family problems, bullying, a break-up with a girlfriend or boyfriend, fight over girlfriend/boyfriend, drunken brawls, hatred towards women, gays, people who refused to convert to Islam, none having to do with evolution, brainwashing kids to be "homos", not praying or reciting the ten commandments enough, or taking God out of schools.
- September 15, 1999. Larry Gene Ashbrook opened fire on a Christian rock concert and teen prayer rally at Wedgewood Baptist Church in Fort Worth, TX. He killed 7 people and wounded 7 others, almost all teenagers. Ashbrook committed suicide.
It's stupid let alone tiring to hear those fundies and creationist idiots blame evolution, alleged lack of God in schools, and others types of scapegoats for all of the school, church, and public shootings without ever finding out the real motive behind those tragic events. No, evolution did not cause the shootings to occur, nor did taking God out of schools and converting kids to "homos" have anything to do with the killings. Can't these fundies ever understand that? No, they don't. They rather engage in stupidities, ignorance, out-right lies, slander, make-believe fantasies, and scapegoating than face reality and the real truth behind the shootings.